Wednesday, May 8, 2013

"Steady On You Alkie!" Simon Pegg & Nick Frost Are Here To Get Annihilated!


This August Edgar Wright, Simon Pegg, & Nick Frost are back to complete their Cornetto Trilogy (Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz) - this time focusing on the Apocalypse.  It's a solid trailer with a couple of good yucks, but it also doesn't rock my world.  'Course, I have to remember that the other three Wright flicks didn't really excite with their initial trailers either, but each one of his movies has found themselves in my year end Top Ten lists.  So, I've got some pretty high hopes here.  I definitely like the Invasion of the Body Snatcher-like moaning alien beasts or whatever the hell they are...hmmm, actually they kinda remind me of The Cancer Jesus.  And The World's End offers Wright even more fantastical elements to help hone his action movie director side - he's gotta get pumped for Marvel's Ant-Man after all.



--Brad

No comments:

Post a Comment