Wednesday, January 25, 2012

A Sky Full of Stars Preview


So, it's no surprise that Brad and I are writers.  Why else would we write all this stuff?  And we're dorks.  So, it follows that we write about dorky things.  But, we don't just write about them, sometimes we write them.  A few years ago, I decided to try my hands at writing some comic scripts, to varying degrees of success.  Some were published by our friends over at Warrior 27.  Some have yet to be published at all.  I enjoyed the process of writing them, and of seeing my work envisioned by artists.  But, I have not enjoyed the process of trying to find artists, which has led me down several disappointing roads.  And collaborations have been a mixed bag, with some artists being nearly uncommunicative, and others being free and open to new ideas, and with new ideas.  One project I am especially excited about is A Sky Full of Stars.  It's a science fiction comic set in the distant future.  It's actually a spin-off of another project I'm still in very slow development on.  Along with artist S.A. McClung, I created 26 pages of what I had hoped would be an ongoing web comic.  Due to various reasons (not the artist, he was great), it did not continue after end of the first major story (though, I have outlines of the next 5 or 6 stories, ready to go).

So, here's a preview of the comic.  I plan to post a page a week for the next 26 weeks.  I hope you enjoy it.  I welcome feedback.  I learned a LOT while writing this, and would certainly do some things differently were I to get the chance.  But, I like it, in spite of the flaws.  And I still hope to revisit it.  In fact, if you're an artist and are interested in working on further adventures of Chi and Sahr, please don't hesitate to contact me.



-Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment