Monday, November 21, 2011

Dork Art: Del Toro's Fright Nights




Some days I wish I lived in Canada.  Last month in Toronto, my favorite horror mag Rue Morgue sponsored a five night horror film festival hosted by director Guillermo Del Toro called Fright Nights.  To comemorate the event, Phantom City Creative produced two beautiful posters showcasing the director and the five films (Cronos, The Devil's Backbone, The Innocents, Black Sabbath, & L'arcano incantatore).  So you missed the event?  The good news is that they have the posters for sale up on their site.  They measure 12 x 36; the regular version will set ya back $40 and the variant $60.  Grab 'em while they're hot.  But while you're there you might also want to grab the Buck Banzai, The Gate, and Rabid posters they did for Mondo as well.

Oh!  They also have produced the below fake promo poster for The Strain.  When the first book in that series came out Del Toro & Hogan were threatening a film series to follow and even though I have my doubts about that I'd still love to see it come to fruition.  


--Brad

No comments:

Post a Comment