Thursday, July 14, 2011

The Womanthology and the Future


I just read this article about the new Womanthology, and I found it fascinating.  I see a growth in independent cinema and publishing with the ubiquitous nature of digital technology.  More people are able to reach their targeted audience because of self publishing, especially digitally, and through the internet.  It's kind of amazing, and I don't really have a good handle on it.  But I think I like it.  I think, in the long run, this is a good thing.  Different, yes.  I don't think it will spell the end of books, but I do think books will change, become more precious, like vinyl records.  Anyway, I kind of wandered off topic.  What I'm trying to say is that I think this is a really amazing thing, and I can't wait to see where it leads.  As a writer myself (and one with a particular style and content that doesn't appeal to a wide audience), I'm very interested in how projects like this work, succeed or fail. 

-Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment