Tuesday, May 10, 2011

The Goon vs. Cal McDonald


Not sure how this slipped by my radar, but in July Eric Powell's The Goon will be squaring off with Steve Niles' paranormal investigator Cal McDonald for a one-shot titled, When Freaks Collide.  I am an adamant supporter of all things Goon and I've been on my knees praying (...or whatever works) that David Fincher's CGI movie gets greenlit.  And I've read a few solid trades involving the ex-junkie P.I. McDonald and his manservant Mo'lock, particularly Supernatural Freak Machine and Two Red Eyes.  But how are these two worlds gonna gel together.  Honestly, though, no need to worry.  Powell and Mignola managed to give you that perfect Tastes Great/Less Filling! with their Hellboy/Goon mashup and I expect nothing less with When Freaks Collide.  Anyway, get all the nitty gritty details over at Dark Horse.

.  
--Brad

No comments:

Post a Comment