Saturday, April 23, 2011

Parker: Jason Statham In Flashfire?


The wonderfully obsessed website, The Violent World of Parker claims to have learned from "a reliable source" that the upcoming Taylor Hackford/Jason Statham Parker film will be based on the novel Flashfire, published in 2000 its one of the later novels that I haven't quite reached yet.  It appears to be a bank heist book with heaps of double-crossing.  Sounds good.  The 90s resurrection of Parker is most curious to me and I am anxiously awaiting the point in which I pass Butcher's Moon and move on to Comeback.  Does Stark/Parker still got it after a 23 year absence?  

But that's neither here nor there.  I am happy to hear that it's an adaptation and not an original Hollywood concoction. Although, Statham is hardly my perfect choice for Parker he can make the beast work.  Fingers crossed.


--Brad

No comments:

Post a Comment