Thursday, April 14, 2011

First Look: Rise of the Planet of the Apes!


It's finally here!  The Trailer for Rise of the Planet of the Apes!  And it looks meh.  Weta Digital gets a nice shout out, but the Apes movies have always been about the makeup for me and despite the last shot in the trailer those computer monkeys don't look all that hot.  Plus, who gives a damn about The Rise?  And evil James Franco science?  Not me.  But I'll still shell out my hard earned cash cuz I'm a dork and that's what dorks do.


--Brad

3 comments:

  1. I think if this movie was condensed to 30 minutes, it would make a great prologue to a POTA movie. Watching two hours of how the apes got smart is like Lucas telling us about midichlorians. I just don't need to know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an excellent point, Dan. But, honestly, I hate the whole evil science angle. I much preferred the idea of evolution taking over after we've nuked ourselves off the earth or the time travel madness from the original timeline.

    Plus, I can't take Franco seriously as a scientist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete